GE Railcar Repair Services Company is a leading provider of railcar maintenance services to industry shippers and railroads. We are looking for a Railcar Service Assistant to provide general assistance and perform basic railcar repairs. This role is entry level into a railcar technician career path and provides an opportunity to learn the basics of railcar components, railcar repair and regulatory requirements. Those who have not previously apprenticed in railcar repair may begin at an apprentice level.
• Prepare tank cars for remote visual inspection by using a plasma cutter to create inspection holes and pulling insulation. Also patch inspection hole covers upon completion of remote inspections.
• Finalize tank car inspection and repair by applying updated decals to completed cars in compliance with government and industry regulations
• Ensure the safety of the team by constantly monitoring confined space conditions while on hole watch and carefully observing the welding process while on fire watch
• Complete and assist in daily and continuous safety & work task preparation and clean-up activities
• Actively participate in team meetings, training and activities to help maintain a safe & productive work environment and ensure high quality/compliant & efficient work completion
• Work closely with other Railcar Service Team Members, office staff and management to coordinate work tasks, define & drive toward team and facility goals, help make workplace & process improvements and recognize the contributions of others.
• Other duties as assigned
We offer a competitive full benefits package.
This application process includes Minimum Qualifications and a Phone Screen.
About the Organization
At Synchrony Financial, enjoy engaging with a call center team that thrives on solving problems together. Engage with leadership that listens. Engage with new experiences and see what happens.
This position is currently not accepting applications.