GE Railcar Repair Services Company is a leading provider of railcar maintenance services to industry shippers and railroads. We are looking for a Blaster in our Regina, SK location. This role executes the end-to end blasting process, including, but not limited to the duties listed.
• Blast a variety of railcar types using a blast hose
• Responsible for set-up and Blast Room prep including straightening out blast lines and airlines for blast hoods, closing all doors manually (overhead doors on chains) and setting up scaffolding.
• Appropriately wear and utilize all the of the following types of safety equipment in accordance with EHS instruction and requirements: Blasting hoods, Hearing Protection, Eye Protection, Steel Toed Boots.
• In course of blasting, manually open and close all gates and hatch covers (lids) to ensure they are working. Apply rubber tarps to rail equipment to prevent damage to critical pieces.
• Responsible for clean up and organization of work areas to enable smooth transition to next paint job.
• Actively participate in team meetings, training and activities to help maintain a safe & productive work environment and ensure high quality/compliant & efficient work completion
• Work closely with other teams, office staff and management to coordinate work tasks, define & drive toward team and facility goals, help make workplace & process improvements and recognize the contributions of others.
• Other duties as assigned
We offer a competitive full benefits package.
This application process includes Minimum Qualifications and a Phone Screen.
About the Organization
At Synchrony Financial, enjoy engaging with a call center team that thrives on solving problems together. Engage with leadership that listens. Engage with new experiences and see what happens.
This position is currently not accepting applications.